Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Greetings Friends of Dunamis International Ministries, I hope you are doing well.
Sally and I just returned from 3 days in Massachusetts where my almost 84 year old mother is recuperating from a hip replacement. While Sally, and I and my 5 siblings and a few in-laws, all visited Mom over the weekend, I sensed that the Lord was showing me the power of presence. Love for others is more about relationships than anything else. By the way, Mom is doing great. She should be home again within a week.
My three day experience at mom’s bedside brought me back to another bedside at which I sat as a 26 year-old mother of two boys quietly passed away as her First Class Navy Petty Officer husband and I sat holding her as she was about to die.
As the monitors slowed down we were aware of a holy presence in the room. The Petty Officer leaned toward his wife’s right ear and said, “I love you, dear.” It was a holy moment indeed. I wept. All of a sudden the monitors came to life and the young mother whispered, “I love you too.” Within 30 seconds the monitors flat-lined…and at that moment we “felt” the power of God in our midst and could sense that the young women’s spirit left her body and went upward with the Lord. It was a holy moment—we were both weeping for her and celebrating for her.
Christians die well. We should because death to us is a transition to a new heavenly body and entrance into the tangible eternal presence of Almighty God.
Remember what John says in Revelation 21:3-4, “And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, ‘Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.’”  
Heaven is for real.